What To Do If You Forget Your WhatsApp Password
We all know how much WhatsApp has changed how we communicate with our friends and family. But, what happens when you forget your password? It’s a nightmare! Don’t worry though, there are plenty of ways to reset your password and recover your account.
In this article, you’ll learn how to change your password on WhatsApp, as well as how to read chat history without it. So if you’ve forgotten your WhatsApp password, don’t despair — just keep reading!
WhatsApp Password Reset: 2 Easy Ways To Reset It
Depending on the security measures you have set up, resetting your WhatsApp PIN is relatively pain-free. Even though you have set a two-step authentication security measure, several ways exist to reset your two-step verification PIN.
If you have an Android phone, then you can easily reset your WhatsApp password in just a few simple steps.
- Open the WhatsApp app on your Android device and tap the three dots icon at the top right of the screen.
- You will then be prompted to enter your current PIN and then set up a new one.
- Alternatively, if you don’t have access to your device or forgot your PIN entirely, you can also reset it through email.
- To do this, open any browser and visit whatsapp.com/account/forgot_password/. Enter the email address associated with your account and click submit.
- You will receive an email with instructions on how to reset your PIN.
- Once done, you can sign into WhatsApp with the new code.
Reset PIN with an Email Address
If you have chosen two-step verification on WhatsApp and provided an email address, you can reset your PIN with a reset link.
1. To do this, open the WhatsApp app, tap Forgot PIN? and select Send Email.
2. You will instantly receive a reset link to the email address you previously provided.
3. Open the email and click on the link in order to confirm.
4. After that, open WhatsApp again, tap Forgot PIN? and select Reset to create a new PIN for your account.
That’s it – now you have successfully changed your password with an email address!
Reset PIN without an Email Address
If you did not provide an email address to reset your WhatsApp PIN, you will need to wait seven days in order to reset it. After the seven-day waiting period has passed, you can open WhatsApp and navigate to the “Forgot PIN?” option. This will allow you to reset your PIN and create a new one. When creating a new PIN, make sure that it is unique and something that only you know.
Choosing a strong PIN that includes a combination of numbers, letters, and special characters is also important for added security. Once the new PIN is chosen, it will be activated immediately. Remember your new PIN, or write it down in a safe place so you can access it whenever necessary.
How To Read WhatsApp Chat History Without Password
If you are trying to read WhatsApp chat history without a password, the good news is that it can be done with a shareware called Tenorshare UltData.
This tool works like a WhatsApp backup extractor and allows users to retrieve all WhatsApp messages on iPhone, iPad and iPod, even if they have been lost due to deletion, failed iOS update or jailbreak.
To get started with this tool, firstly download UltData according to your computer system and follow the guide which takes iPhone WhatsApp recovery as an example. Then run UltData on your computer and choose to recover from iTunes backup to access the deleted information.
After that, you can retrieve all your chats, including photos, videos and other message attachments, within a few minutes.
How To Disable Two-Factor Authentication On WhatsApp?
If you want to disable two-factor authentication on your WhatsApp account, it is easy to do.
1. Open the app on your iPhone and tap the ‘Settings’ button in the bottom right corner.
2. Select ‘Account’ and then ‘Two-Step Verification’.
3. Turn off the two-factor authentication feature.
4. This will allow you to access your account without having to enter a code or use biometric authentication every time you log in.
Once two-factor authentication is disabled, you can change your password whenever needed. It is important to note that disabling two-factor authentication may leave your account vulnerable to hackers, so it is recommended that you use a secure password and enable other security measures such as two-step verification or biometric authentication.
No matter which method you choose to reset your password or PIN, just be sure to create a strong one using uppercase and lowercase letters and numbers and symbols so that no one can access your account without your permission. With over 2 billion active users worldwide, keeping your data secure is essential!
Let’s know if you have any concerns.
Where is the WhatsApp password?
Go to Settings. Tap Chats > Chat Backup > End-to-end encrypted backup > Change Password. Tap I forgot my password, then verify your identity with your biometrics or device PIN.
Can I lock my WhatsApp chat?
If you’re looking for the setting to lock WhatsApp, you’ll find it in the app’s settings. Find Account followed by Privacy to see what steps are necessary for your device.
Is there a private WhatsApp?
End-to-end encryption is the chief privacy and security feature of WhatsApp. End-to-end encryption keeps the communication between two persons completely secure. No third parties can see the WhatsApp messages between the two persons.
How do you find your password if you forget it?
If you forget your Android lock screen password, can you unlock your phone? The short answer is no – you will have to factory reset your device to be able to use your phone again.