WhatsApp Video Size Limit: How to Avoid Video Limits WhatsApp
There are a number of apps that are very popular, including WhatsApp. While you can send any file over the network, including videos, there is a limit on how big the file can be. What is the WhatsApp video limitation, and how can it be overcome?
This article will discuss the maximum size for videos on WhatsApp and how you can get around these limitations.
WhatsApp is a popular messaging app that lets you send and receive messages, photos, videos, and other content. The size of an HD video of 30-40 seconds will be around 18-20 MB, while a great-quality photo will be only 1-2 MB. Even though we have a much better internet connection today than several years ago, it still comes at a cost financially and in terms of system resources.
- Photos, videos or voice messages: the maximum file size is 16MB.
- Documents: the maximum file size allowed is 100 MB.
What are your options for overcoming this limitation? There is no way to change WhatsApp’s limit, but you can edit and reduce the video’s file size, split it into several shorter parts with smaller file sizes, or use third-party cloud storage.
- For Android Phones: ActionDirector, Adobe Premiere Rush, FilmoraGo, Funimate, InShot, and more.
- For iOS Devices: Horizon Camera, Adobe Premiere Clip, Pinnacle Studio Pro, Hyperlapse from Instagram, SloPro, iMovie, and more.
After that, you must launch and select the video you want to compress and edit. Please remember that the video duration should be between 90 seconds and 3 minutes.
It is possible to edit the video on your computer if the video file size is too large. There is no doubt that an online editor would be useful. Some of them provide free services. Because of the power of desktop computers, desktop video editors can support more complex video editing, allowing the whole process to be finished more quickly.
Alternatively, you can upload the large file to cloud storage and share the link via WhatsApp. Let’s look at Google Drive.
- You can launch Google Drive by clicking the + icon at the top of the left corner.
- A few options appear when you tap on the video for a while and select Copy Link from the menu.
- Share the link with the person you wish to chat with.
Here are some tips for sharing multimedia on WhatsApp, which you can do with your iPhone, Android, or Windows device. The best way to accomplish your task is to use the appropriate method.
The following steps will guide you through sending big videos on WhatsApp with a Windows OS:
- Download WhatsApp Video Optimizer from the Windows Store.
- Once the app is installed, select the video to be converted and click on the Convert button.
- Select the desired conversion settings and preferences and convert.
- Once the video has been converted, go to WhatsApp, find the person you want to share it with, and send it to them in good quality but smaller.
If you’re familiar with the different video file formats and know which one will result in a smaller file size, this might be a good option for you. Many people lack the technical knowledge to determine the best file format to convert. It is possible that you will end up with a larger file than the original.
There is also the possibility of compatibility issues with this method. It is important to determine first whether the contact you are sending the video file to can play the converted video file before you send it. Some devices can only play certain video file formats. Installing an extra app on your phone just to send a video may waste storage space.
From an Android device, send a big video using WhatsApp:
- Install a free video converter app that can trim MP4, 3GP, MKV, and other video formats from the Android PlayStore.
- Open the video converter app once successfully installed, and select the video you want to convert. Batch compression is available in some apps so that you can trim more than two videos simultaneously.
- Choose specs that allow video compression to be performed below 2GB. Choose a size and resolution for your video(s) and then compress them.
- Video files that are compressed are saved in a new folder or duplicated in the gallery. From the gallery, you can select them and share them on WhatsApp.
Video compression has the disadvantage of compromising the video’s quality. By reducing the file size, you are sacrificing the quality of your video. Data loss can occur because of aggressive shrinking, including audio, colour correction, and other details. The video may be corrupted if there are errors when compressing the file.
IOS users can convert and send videos larger than 2 GB using apps.
- Search the iStore for a free video converter app.
- Open your app and access your gallery after successful installation.
- Compress the video and adjust the size and resolution to meet your specifications.
- The compressed video can now be shared in its smaller format from your Photos gallery.
By compressing a file, information is compressed into a smaller area. As a result, the files are of lower quality since information is lost during the process. Converting and compressing your video should work if you can compromise on its quality. If you’re dealing with an important video, such as for a presentation or your website, lowering its quality may negatively impact your company’s reputation.
One of the world’s most popular messaging apps is WhatsApp. Its simple interface and many features allow users to send unique messages to family and friends. The best part is that users can share media files. It must be noted, however, that even this feature is limited by WhatsApp’s video size limits.
There is a limit of 2GB for the size of files you can send. Transferring data over WhatsApp provides more opportunities – especially when it comes to sharing media. You don’t have to manipulate your files to make them smaller to send over WhatsApp so that you can send larger photo albums and longer videos.
The answer to this question depends on how big the video file size is and how long it runs. The maximum video length or duration in WhatsApp is 2 minutes and 50 seconds, which means that if you want to upload a video longer than that, you will get an error message telling you the file cannot be sent.
The maximum video size in WhatsApp depends on your phone’s operating system and how powerful it is – but usually, these limits are around 2 GB for iOS devices, 1 GB for Android devices, and 500 MB for Windows Phone devices.
No. You can’t send a 100 MB video on WhatsApp. WhatsApp is a messaging app that allows you to send texts, images, videos, and voice messages to a person or group. The maximum size of the video that can be sent is 16MB.
Compressing a video for WhatsApp is not as easy as it sounds. Many factors may affect the quality of your video, such as the resolution of the original file, the type of camera used to record the video, and how much light was available when shooting.
To compress a video for WhatsApp, first, you need to download editing software such as Movie Maker or iMovie on your computer or laptop. You can import your original file into the editing software and export it with a lower resolution and frame rate than what you started with.